Cherry Red Surface Hardening Compound 1 lb
Application instructions (from Cherry Red) for Low Alloy or Low Carbon Steel:
- Thoroughly heat the part to cherry red in color. Be sure part is completely heated for best results.
- Coat part in Cherry Red Compound. Cover all surfaces to be hardened. Compound will blister and harden. Reheat part to cherry red color.
- Quench in water, oil, or let part air cool, then brush off excess compound. Cherry Red is water soluble and excess can be removed with water and a little brushing.
The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
- MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 223 WSSM, 243 WSSM, 500 S&W Magnum... $3.89 View More Options
- Blue Wonder Gun Black Cold Black 2 oz Kit... $18.79 Available
- RCBS Replacement Expander-Decapping Unit (444 Marlin, 45-70... $8.29 Available
- RCBS 2-Die Set 300 Winchester Magnum... $34.99 Available
- RCBS 2-Die Set 300 Weatherby Magnum... $34.99 Available
- Dem-Bart Checkering Gage... $6.19 Available
- Felo T-Handle Interchangeable Bit Screwdriver... $9.49 Available
- Hornady Universal Reloading Tray 50-Round Plastic Red... $8.99 Available
- General Tools Thread Center Gage 60-Degree American... $8.99 Available
- Baker Powdered Rosin 1/2 lb... $12.49 Available
- RCBS Universal Reloading Tray 50-Round Plastic Green... $8.99 Available
- General Tools Thickness Gage Inch and Metric... $18.49 Available