Howell Old West Conversions Conversion Cylinder 44 Caliber Pietta 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt) 6-Round
- Ultramax Cowboy Action Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 200... $36.49 - $179.99 Select Options
- CVA Barrel Blaster Black Powder Cleaning System Value Pack... $32.99 Available
- Pietta 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 44... $374.99 Available
- Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms Eighth Edition Book by... $22.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Gun Video "The Dark Side: Cowboy Action Black Powder Shooting"... $19.99 Available
- MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 41 Remington Magnum, 44 Remington... $1.99 Select Options
- Lee 3-Die Storage Box Red... $4.29 Available
- MTM Slip-Top Ammo Box Square-Hole 10mm Auto, 41 Remington... $2.59 Select Options
- Butler Creek Flip-Up Rifle Scope Cover Eyepiece (Rear)... $9.99 Select Options
- Butler Creek Flip-Up Rifle Scope Cover Objective (Front)... $9.99 Select Options
- Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 450-200-1R (450 Diameter) 200 Grain 1... $19.99 Available
- Pietta Revolver Nipples 6 x 3/4 Thread Pack of 3... $6.29 Available
- Konus Pro 275 Muzzleloader Rifle Scope 3-10x 44mm Illuminated... $149.99 Available
- Lee Universal Shellholder #21 (25 Remington, 6.8mm Remington... $5.79 Available
- MidwayUSA Spudz Lens Cleaning Cloth 6" x 6" Black... $3.99 Available
- RCBS Case Neck Turner Pilot-Reamer 30 Caliber... $10.29 Available
- MidwayUSA LensPen... $7.99 Available
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.