Business Intelligence Analyst
MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting Business Intelligence Analyst position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you'll be responsible for assisting in the design and management of the company's business intelligence system to deliver timely, actionable information to the President and Senior Leadership Team. This position will collaborate with President and Senior Leadership Team to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management, delivery and accuracy of information. This position will then work to translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, by interfacing with the Senior Leadership Team and their direct reports to ensure successful delivery of business results reporting tools. This position may also be requested to work on special ad hoc report requests by the President and the Senior Leadership Team.
Sample of specific duties:
- Drive the vision, implementation and support of a high performing Business Intelligence environment, including information management, knowledge management, technology, data warehousing and analytic solutions.
- Define and execute methodologies for all stages of the DW/BI Lifecycle.
- Leverage analytical frameworks to perform data analysis to create forward-looking and extrapolative insights.
- Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access, reporting, and analysis of business information.
- Prepare and present formal and informal presentations to senior leadership that simplify the communication of complex information and enhance comprehension.
- Responsible for data stewardship, quality, and governance.
- Provide training and ad hoc support to business users.
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree
- Extensive SQL experience with both relational and dimensional data models
- 2+ years' experience with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and performance point).
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Server.
- Proficient in MS Office software and ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Experience with movement and cleansing of data.
- The appropriate structuring and enrichment of data in the transaction and decision support environments
- Experience with the presentation of quality data for use by Business leaders.
- Assist in the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation available to senior management.
- Be fully capable of developing OLAP cubes, frameworks and reports at the direction of the manager or Business Intelligence Manager.
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Drug Free Work Environment