Midway Brand Product Line Manager
Work in the shooting and hunting industry with people who share your passion for the sport! MidwayUSA is looking to bring on a new team member who lives the hunting and shooting life and wants a fast-paced career with the opportunity to contribute to continued company growth.
If this sounds like you, keep reading for more about this incredible opportunity! MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has a Product Line Manager position available. As the Product Line Manager you will be responsible for the sales, margins, product mix and product information related to the offering for your assigned category. This position serves as the knowledge leader for the respective category and is key to elevating MidwayUSA's product offering and information above and beyond all competitors. The Product Line Manager creates and executes a vision for the product category and is responsible for the effective execution of the vision within the boundaries of the Merchandising Strategies. In addition, this position is responsible for the development of the Product Specialists.
Sample of specific duties:
- Develop and recommend a category business plan for the assigned business category.
- Meet or exceed the corporate goals for sales and growth.
- Develop and maintain profitable vendor relationships.
- Maintain proper inventory levels for assigned products and vendors.
- Identify, research, design, specify and recommend new products and vendors.
- Coordinates and cooperates with Manufacturing, Marketing, and Product Managers from beginning to end of design and development process in order to launch new products/ product lines.
- Prepare patent information for newly developed products.
- Set up new vendors and products as needed.
- Monitor, track and ensure quality control of products throughout the manufacturing process – which may require occasional overseas travel.
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and integrity of all product information in the database for the assigned category.
- Maintain accurate costs and vendor discount information in the system by timely implementation of cost and program changes.
- Communicate with vendors, FS and receiving to resolve issues regarding costs.
- Coordinate the setting of our retail prices according to the pricing strategy to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Develop and maintain a list of competitors and coordinate the benchmarking of our prices.
- Set and Manage Average Monthly Demand on New Products.
- Assign Sub-Sell and Sug-Sell products when appropriate.
- Assign and maintain Reporting and Browsing Categories.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date vendor files.
- Manage and perform performance evaluations on direct reports.
- Attend trade and industry shows as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree is preferable.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Must be a user of MidwayUSA's core products and have a passion for shooting, hunting and outdoor sports.
- Excellent product and technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing/sourcing of products
- Expert user of MS Office software and ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Must retain an active Passport for international travel.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume detailing your experience to:
Drug Free Work Environment