MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting Web Designer position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
As a Web Designer, you'll get to use the latest technology to work on important projects that directly influence our Customers and are critical to the company's mission. You will also learn leading web design principles, receive regular training and have the opportunity to work with an excellent team of developers and other designers.
Sample of specific duties:
- Perform regular updates of graphic elements and content including navigation, SEO content and promotions
- Communicate with project stakeholders for website improvement and Customer Service Representatives for problem solving
- Create and implement wireframes and mockups for new projects
- Test usability of websites and specific features
- Monitor and document competing websites for benchmarking purposes
- Design on-site advertisements
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelors degree in Web Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science or a related field
- Professional web design and analytics work experience in an eCommerce environment
- Expert at hand-coding in HTML, XHTML and CSS, as opposed to WYSIWYG editing experience only
- Expert user of Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Ability and desire to stay abreast with the latest technology
- Interest in shooting or hunting
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Attention: Human Resources
5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
Drug Free Work Environment