Customer Relationship Specialist
MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting Customer Relationship Specialist position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
This position is responsible for assisting the Customer Relationship Manager in managing the Customer Database to maximize sales and profits and will play a key role in executing our Marketing Plan by supporting the CRM database marketing processes related to Customer acquisition, retention and data management. They will contribute to the long-term value of the organization by assisting in building and maintaining a world-class marketing database that will leverage the Business Intelligence system, enhance fact-based decision making, and improve Marketing agility and results. They will work as part of a cross-functional team to process data needed to effectively manage Marketing Communications, Advertising and Social Media. This position will also assist with creating tools to showcase the Marketing department's alignment with MidwayUSA's vision to be the best-run business in America.
Sample of specific duties:
- Work with external organizations (ex. Vendors, KCGs) to obtain and import Customer prospect lists into the Marketing Database and then track the performance of the lists
- Using the Customer Characteristics Application, consistently update Customer characteristics and use other lead customer base segmentation efforts to improve marketing efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Assist with maintaining lifetime value measures of all Customer segments
- Assist PLM's in "Shopping Basket" analysis efforts to recommend suggested and substitute products for entire product line. Integrate with web and contact center for cross-sell/up-sell initiatives
- Execute Customer selections and track results for Marketing Communications, Advertising and Social Media
- Assist in data integrity/hygiene efforts to maximize the return of our customer list asset
- Evaluate and make recommendations specific to the best vehicles and/or channels for new customer acquisition and measure response rates for those vehicles.
- Evaluate and make recommendations specific to the best vehicles and/or channels to optimize current customer base purchasing and frequency.
- Maintain and update all appropriate Marketing key measures
- Execute, analyze and improve Customer surveys.
- Create ad hoc reports needed for effective decision making
- Keep up with trends in the Shooting Industry
The ideal candidate:
- A Bachelor's degree is required, with preferred degree in statistics or other analytical fields
- An interest in the field of CRM marketing, including online direct marketing and loyalty program development
- An interest with direct marketing principles, database marketing, customer contact strategy and systems and the design and implementation of CRM, loyalty and referral programs
- Two years of applicable experience
- Expert-Level skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in MS Office software, SharePoint, and ability to learn proprietary systems
- Ability to use Microsoft SQL Server applications
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to ISO, Baldrige, Lean, and Six Sigma
- Must be well-organized, multi-tasking and attentive to detail
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Drug Free Work Environment