MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting Helpdesk Technician position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
As a Helpdesk Technician, you will be responsible for responding to the user community with information technology related questions in person, electronically, and by telephone and provide root cause analysis to all workstation based hardware, software, and client side network issues. The Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for supporting the helpdesk processes, and assisting in improvement of existing processes and systems, to support the organizational vision and goals.
Sample of specific duties:
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves level one hardware and software issues related to users
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to users
- Identifies, completes, or schedules repairs to user equipment
- Provides end users support for all local installed and LAN-based applications
- Works to ensure that all client side workstations have the latest software patches as needed
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess an Associate's degree in Information Systems, related technical discipline, or appropriate experience
- A+, Net+, or MCITP Certification or equivalent is preferred but not required
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn proprietary software packages
- Two years experience on Microsoft workstation operating systems within one release of the current general release by Microsoft
- An in-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to daily user requirements
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Attention: Human Resources
5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
Drug Free Work Environment