Human Resources Specialist - Recruiting
We are looking for a new team member who understands the importance of culture in recruiting and hiring. As the HR Specialist – Recruiting, you will be responsible for recruiting and hiring great Employees that align with our culture. This position is integral to growing our existing workforce to keep up with the fast-pace growth of the Company. We are a local internet retailer of shooting, hunting and outdoor products, and a 2009 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Recipient. We are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement for both the Company and Employees. If you are in search of a career where you have the opportunity to contribute toward the future of a fast-growing Company, you need to send us your resume today!
Sample of specific duties:
- Administers the hourly recruitment process for the Contact Center and Logistics departments; works with department management to project future hiring needs, planning and executing accordingly.
- Researches and proposes changes to existing recruiting and hiring processes for continuous improvement.
- Checks employment applications and examines work history, education and training, and job skills to evaluate appropriate fit for respective departments.
- Schedules, coordinates, and conducts employment interview for job applicants with department supervisors and managers.
- Conducts employment testing, reference checks, employment verifications, pre-employment background check, drug tests, and credit checks.
- Administers various human resource processes and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and processes.
- Participates in Esprit de Corps committee, offering ideas and suggestions to improve Employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Assists in evaluation of departmental reports and results in relation to established goals. May participate in Process Improvement Teams for results not meeting goal to identify root cause and propose new approaches or procedures.
- Accurately maintains records and files.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- PHR, SPHR, CBP, CCP or CPLP certification highly desirable; if not certified must be able to be certified.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes.
- Super user of MS Office software and ability to learn proprietary systems.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Drug Free Work Environment