Human Resources Specialist – Training & Community Outreach
MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting HR Specialist – Training & Community Outreach position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
As the HR Specialist – Training & Community Outreach, you will be responsible for executing the Community Outreach process. This position will also be responsible for conducting training as needed to include new hire orientations and for overseeing the hourly performance evaluation process and disciplinary action administration.
Sample of specific duties:
- Assists with the Baldrige Alignment Process to include the Baldrige Application Management process and the Site Visit Preparation and Execution process
- Assists with the coordination of Baldrige Quest for Excellence conference and award ceremony attendance after MQA or Baldrige win
- Facilitates MQA/Baldrige examiner participation through executing the Examiner Coordination process
- Creates, maintains and continually improves the Company Communication process including the Communication Plan
- Manages and improves communication methods to include the Company intranet, Key Communication Points (KCPs), and encased bulletin boards
- Facilitates State of the Business and Department Knowledge Sharing meetings
- Responds to inquiries from external organizations
- Coordinates and facilitates community outreach tours and presentations
- Aid Quality Manager – Training, Development and Baldrige in developing, piloting, and evaluating training and development programs
- Manage hourly performance evaluations
- Consults with supervisors and administers disciplinary actions
The ideal candidate:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- Super user of MS Office software and ability to learn proprietary systems.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Attention: Human Resources
5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
Drug Free Work Environment