MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting Logistics Manager position available. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
In close partnership with the Operations Manager, the Logistics Manager will lead a focused team to drive productivity, quality, and efficiency in the operations of the company's distribution system. Additionally, the Logistics Manager will manage for operational results, employee satisfaction, vendor relationships and be responsible for the compliance of the system to all applicable rules and regulations.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the performance in either inbound or outbound operations, the service levels achieved, and the results driven performance in stakeholder satisfaction. The position will also hold responsibility for the business processes that facilitate growth and sustainability in support of the organizational vision and goals.
Specific job duties:
- Administer operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Assure products, parts, or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure coordination of warehouse activities
- Screen, hire, and train staff; evaluate employee performance; and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action for logistics personnel
- Responsible for the management of assigned supervisory staff to include development of work schedules, work assignments and coordination of all section processes
- Lead efforts to further develop, implement and improve performance metrics, key measures and goals to meet and exceed Stakeholder's requirements
- Ensure process performance through analysis of measures and results
- Manage and coordinate all inbound or outbound traffic routing
- Train, coach, counsel and provide general direction and guidance to direct reports
- Ensure safety and wellbeing of all employees in the Logistics area
The ideal candidate will have:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering; Management Sciences; Business; Logistics or a related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline, or a degree in operations research or process engineering
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to Baldrige, ISO, Lean, and Six Sigma
- High working knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to learn proprietary systems
- Minimum of five years of relevant leadership experience
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Attention: Human Resources
5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203
Drug Free Work Environment