Product Line Manager - Hunting
MidwayUSA, a leading internet and catalog retailer of shooting and hunting products, has an exciting Product Line Manager - Hunting position available for our hunting product category. A 2008 recipient of the Missouri Quality Award and a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, MidwayUSA is committed to continuous improvement and modern management practices.
As a Product Line Manager - Hunting, you will be responsible for the sales, margins, product mix and product information related to the offering for the hunting product category. This position serves as the knowledge leader for the hunting product category and is key to elevating MidwayUSA's product offering and information above and beyond all competitors. The Product Line Manager creates and executes a vision for the product category and is responsible for the effective execution of the vision within the boundaries of the Company and Department Strategies. In addition, the Product Line Manager is responsible for the professional development of the direct reports in Product Specialist positions.
Sample of specific duties:
- Develops and recommends a business plan for the assigned product category.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and reports data in order to increase sales productivity.
- Analyzes sales and performance records.
- Participates in contract negotiations and vendor selection.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing or examining items.
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market.
- Reviews vendor proposals, negotiates prices and contracts, chooses vendors, and resolves complaints.
- Determines mark-up and mark-down percentages necessary to ensure profit, based on estimated budget and profit goals.
- Sets amount of merchandise to be stocked (initial average monthly demands and order multiples).
- Consults with other staff to plan sales promotion programs.
- Directs types and amounts of product information provided to Customers.
- Ensures the accuracy, consistency and integrity of all product information in the database.
- Maintains accurate costs and vendor discount information in the system by timely implementation of cost and program changes.
- Coordinates the setting of our retail prices according to the pricing strategy to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Develops and maintains a list of competitors and coordinates the benchmarking of prices.
- Assigns suggested and substitute products when appropriate.
- Assigns and maintains Reporting Categories and Browsing Categories.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date vendor relationships and current vendor information.
- May recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance and recommend promotions, transfers and disciplinary actions.
- Attends trade and industry shows as required.
- Must have 3-5 years relevant leadership/management experience in a business environment
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree.
- Must be a user of MidwayUSA's core products and have a passion for shooting, hunting and outdoor sports.
- Excellent product and technical knowledge.
- Must be an expert user of MS Office software and able to learn proprietary systems.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume detailing your experience to:
Drug Free Work Environment