As the Purchasing Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate ordering and re-ordering of products. The Purchasing Specialist makes decisions regarding Ordering, Shortages and Overages as dictated by the Merchandising Strategies, processes and work instructions. We are a local internet retailer of shooting, hunting and outdoor products, and a 2009 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Recipient. We are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement for both the Company and Employees. If you are in search of a career where you have the opportunity to contribute toward the future of a fast-growing Company, you need to send us your resume today!
Sample of specific duties:
- Executes Department Strategies within assigned work systems and processes.
- Responsible for creating purchase orders, order confirmations, substitutions, past due shipments, returns, change orders, and purchasing system item maintenance. Enters all orders to schedule and provides feedback on status of orders.
- Establishes and Maintains effective relationships with vendors.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain product or service information such as availability and delivery schedule.
- Interacts with suppliers for quotations, follow-up on purchases or return of merchandise.
- Expedites orders and requests as needed.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine needed corrective action.
- Approve invoices for payment within departmental governance.
- Resolve problems and conduct root cause analysis along with developing corrective action plan that arise in relation to delivery dates, quality, specifications, quantity or cost of purchased goods or services.
- Review invoice and/or receiving discrepancies on an exception basis which are not in complete agreement with purchase orders Prepare reports, charts, and graphs of results of job functions.
- Position will assist in the development of area operating plan.
- Identifies appropriate cost reduction ideas.
- Assists the Purchasing Manager in Vendor Performance Evaluations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree.
- Must be a user of MidwayUSA's core products and have a passion for shooting, hunting and outdoor sports.
- Excellent product and technical knowledge.
- A minimum of 1-5 years experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume detailing your experience to:
Drug Free Work Environment