We all have a favorite tool that we reach for over and over. One that’s worn from use and shows its age with pride. It got that way for a reason: It performs well, every time it’s needed. The Gerber Outrigger XL is that tool.
The Assisted Opening 2.0 technology uses a ball-bearing pivot for buttery smooth, one-handed opening. For added safety, the thumb Plunge Lock on the handle offers easy release when closing, keeping your fingers from the blade’s path. The open frame design strips weight out, while adding texture to the body for increased hold. Grippy without feeling sticky, the Outrigger is finished with the same molded, rubberized handle coating that debuted on the AR 3.0, keeping the knife right where it’s supposed to be—your hand.
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Folding
- Blade Steel: 7Cr17 Stainless steel
- Handle Material: Aluminum
- Blade Shape: Drop point
- Serrated: Yes
- Pocket Clip: Yes
- Carry Options: Pocket
- Locking Mechanism: Frame lock
- Blade Finish: Stainless
- Rockwell Hardness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Opening Method: Thumbstuds
- Blade Length: 3.38"
- Blade Thickness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Closed Length: 4.5"
- Overall Length: 7.88"
- Weight: 2.5 oz.