The first thing you notice about the Kershaw Ember is its size. The blade is just two inches long and, when closed, the knife is a compact 2.8 inches. But the next thing you’ll notice is the Ember’s striking looks. Angles, contours, matte-grey coating, and black hardware give it a tactical look-and-feel that knife users will really warm up to.
For easy opening, the Ember features SpeedSafe assisted opening and a handy, built-in flipper. The modified clip-point blade has an ergonomic top curve, which gives the user a convenient place to position an index finger when guiding the knife’s edge in a close-cutting situation. A sturdy frame lock secures the blade in position for safe use.
The blade is heat treated to Kershaw’s demanding specifications to bring out the very best qualities in the steel. Titanium carbo-nitride coating on both blade and handle give the Ember a matte grey finish. Black hardware, including the three-position pocketclip, enhances this little knife’s look.
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Folding
- Blade Steel: 410 Titanium Carbo-Nitried Coated Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: 410 Titanium Carbo-Nitried Coated Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Modified clip point
- Serrated: No
- Pocket Clip: Yes
- Carry Options: 3-position, Deep carry
- Locking Mechanism: Frame lock
- Blade Finish: Titanium Carbo-Nitried Coated
- Rockwell Hardness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Opening Method: Flipper
- Blade Length: 2"
- Blade Thickness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Closed Length: 2.8"
- Overall Length: 4.8"
- Weight: 2.2 oz.