- Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- 100 hours of battery life
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world
- 100% global coverage via the Iridium satellite network
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
The DeLorme inReach Explorer is powered by Iridium, which commands the world’s farthest-reaching commercial satellite constellation. It’s like navigating by the stars, except the stars are awesomely powerful robots that float in space and enable two-way communication with anyone, anywhere, anytime. inReach operates on the Iridium satellite network — the only network that spans the entire globe, offering 100% coverage anywhere on earth. Offering unmatched communications, performance and reliability advantages, Iridium’s 66 low-earth orbiting (LEO) cross-linked satellites – the world’s largest commercial constellation – operate as a fully meshed network that is supported by multiple in-orbit spares.
With the inReach Explorer, you can:
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view
- View route details such as distance and bearing to destination. Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress
- Send and receive 160-character text messages* with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
The inReach Explorer can be paired with Bluetooth to Apple, Android, Kindle Fire or other smartphones/tablets with Bluetooth capability. The color screen and virtual keyboard offer predictive text for standalone two-way messaging. The inReach Explorer includes digital compass, barometric altimeter, accelerometer, and odometer. The unit will last up to 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view of the sky. You can also expect GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters.
Dimensions: 4.5" H (5.83" including antenna) x 2.46" W x 1.04" D (1.34" including belt clip)
Weight: 6.7 oz
Waterproof: 1 meter for 30 minutes
Operating Temperatures: -4 F to 140 F (-20 C to +60 C)
Storage temperature: -40 F to 185 F (-40 C to +85 C)
Battery charging temperature: 32 F to 113 F (0 C to +45 C)
Battery: Internal lithium polymer (2450 mAh capacity at 3.7V)
Battery life: 100 hours (sending one track point every 10 minutes)
GPS Accuracy: +/- 5 meters
Send and receive text messages to/from:
- Cell phones (SMS)
- Email contacts
- Other inReach users
- MapShare (Explore portal)
Plan Information: An active satellite subscription is required to use inReach, and DeLorme offers different categories of plans ranging from monthly plans to 12-month subscriptions. See manufacturer for plan prices and more information.