- Auto-Ranging Trajectory - Mechanical “Camputer” system moves scope up and down to automatically compensate for bullet drop hold over.
- Quick Eyepiece Focus - Quick focus adjustment on eyepiece so the shooter can focus more on hitting the target, rather than the clarity of the eyepiece.
- Multi-Coated Lenses - All exterior air-glass lenses are treated with DiamondTuff14™ to ensure optimal light transmission for more visibility in low light situations.
- Nitrogen Gas Purged - All scopes are purged with nitrogen gas to ensure they remain fogproof for wide range of temperatures.
- Waterproof - Rubber O-ring prevents moisture, dust and debris particles from penetrating the scope.
- Second Focal Plane - The reticle stays the same size even when adjusting the magnification of the scope. Allows operator to easily estimate range.
- Perma-Coat - Soft-luster blue-black finish coat is applied to the body of the scope. Ensures coat is wear resistant and protects exterior from scratches.
- “ZRO-LOK” System - The zero-locking system allows the scope’s alignment to be locked in place once the scope is sighted in. Once the scope is locked in, this system offers minimal adjustment for slight tweaking of shot placement.
- Tri-Center Spring Tension - Offers more accurate adjustment tracking for windage and elevation.
- One piece Aluminum Tube - Single piece rifle scope construction allows for optimal waterproofing and tensile strength design.
- No-Math Mil Dot Reticle - Allows for easy calculation of range .
- External Windage Adjustment
It’s really not fair to call the all-new generation Leatherwood M-1000 a riflescope. More appropriately, it is an extremely advanced sighting system; the basics of which have now been in constant military use for more than 40 years. Using this system has never been easier, or more user friendly!
Leatherwood Camputer ART (Automatic Ranging and Trajectory) scopes features fully adjustable cam systems which allows the shooter to place an extremely accurate shot.
All the shooter has to do is place the reticle on the target, zoom in to FRAME an area of known size (i.e. the 18″ height of a buck’s chest cavity), AIM, and squeeze the trigger to SHOOT. It all takes less than 5 seconds, and the shooter’s eye never leaves the scope! When the shooter frames an 18″ or 1 meter target using the brackets on the reticle, the scope will automatically range the target and compensate for bullet trajectory for distances of 250 to 1,000 meters. This means no holdover or guesswork.
The cam of this new generation 2.5-10x44mm ART (Auto Ranging Trajectory) system, which was invented and designed by Jim Leatherwood for military snipers in Vietnam during the 1960s, has been redesigned for today’s sportsperson. By using (1) trajectory cam that is incrementally adjustable, the M-1000 can be calibrated for just about any center fire rifle cartridge – from .223 to .50 BMG. Also, the new design permits the cam calibration ring and range ring be used or set independently and more precisely. Easy access locking screws make changes quick and easy
Objective Bell Diameter: 52 mm
Ocular Bell Diameter: 42 mm
Adjustment Click Value: 1/4 Minute of angle
Eye Relief: 3 "
Exit Pupil Diameter:
- 10.2mm @ 2.5x
- 4mm @ 10x
Field of View at 100 Yards:
- 47.2' @ 2.5x
- 11.9' @ 10x
Weight: 25.2 oz
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Dimensions, in inches unless otherwise stated: