Kershaw and Emerson have teamed up to create the CQC-8K Folding Knife, featuring a single-bevel tanto blade, which means it is razor sharp. Black-oxide coating protects the blade and makes it non-reflective, too. G-10 handles provide secure grip and a locking liner means safe and solid blade lock up.
The CQC-8K is a manual opener using either the thumb disk or the patented Emerson "wave shaped feature." This opening feature enables the knife to be opened as it is removed from the pocket. By the time the knife has been fully withdrawn from the pocket, the blade is deployed and ready for use. A small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade is built to catch on the pocket seam, opening the knife as it comes out of the pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users. The pocketclip is reversible for left or right handed carry.
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Folding
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV
- Handle Material: G10
- Blade Shape: Tanto
- Serrated: No
- Pocket Clip: Yes
- Carry Options: Ambidextrous
- Locking Mechanism: Liner lock
- Blade Finish: Black-oxide
- Rockwell Hardness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Opening Method: Thumb disk, "waved shaped opening feature"
- Blade length: 3.5"
- Blade Thickness: Not listed by manufacturer
- Closed Length: 4.6"
- Overall Length: 8.1"
- Weight: 5.4 oz.