This DoubleStar AR-15 Upper Receiver Assembly in 300 AAC Blackout is a pin-on, ready-to-shoot top end for use with any AR-15 lower receiver. The Mil-Spec 16” 4140 steel black nitride coated barrel comes equipped with 1 in 8" twist rifling, M4 feed ramps, and a DoubleStar picatinny rail gas block. The muzzle is threaded with a 5/8"-24 pitch for easy installation of a silencer, and is topped off with an effective A2 flash hider.
The upper features a hard coat anodized A3 flat-top receiver with a standard carbine handguard with heat shield, T-Marks, forward assist, and dust cover. The The DoubleStar Upper includes a standard AR-15 semi-auto bolt carrier, properly staked gas key with MPI bolt assembly.
This 16" 300 Blackout upper utilizes a carbine length gas system and is compatible with most subsonic and supersonic ammunition, with or without a sound suppressor in place. However, some subsonic ammunition may not always cycle reliably under adverse conditions or in a severely fouled firearm without a sound suppressor attached to provide extra backpressure.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: HBAR
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chamber: 300 AAC Blackout
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: 2-Piece M4 Style w/ Heat Shield
- Sights: None
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: Commercial
- Suitable for use w/Subsonic or Supersonic loads, either Suppressed or Unsuppressed
- Compatible w/standard AR-15 magazines, including Magpul Pmags (Not Included)
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.