What is it?
LEM Cure can be used in making sausage, jerky, bacon or ham. It helps:
- Reduce the risk of botulism in meat
- Slightly aid the preservation of meat
- Enhance the flavor of the finished product
- Give the finished cooked product a pink "cured" color. (If cure is not used, your sausage would be a grey color.)
How do I use it?
1 oz. of cure for 25 lbs. of meat or a scant 1/4 teaspoon (1.1 g) for 1 lb. of meat. Do NOT overuse.
Directions for Use:
- For Sausage: Mix LEM Cure, seasoning and water until well blended and then mix with meat. Stuff and smoke or cook sausage to internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- For a Standard or 20% Brine: For 100 lbs. of meat, mix 4 ozs. of LEM Cure, 1 1/2 lbs. of salt, 1/4 lb. of sugar and 2 gallons of water. The salt and sugar levels may be adjusted to desired final taste. Other spices or seasonings can be added for flavor.
Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red # 3 (for color) and less than 2% Sodium Dioxide as a processing aid