Daniel Defense AR-15 DDM4v3 A3 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 6.8mm Remington SPC II 1 in 11" Twist 16" S2W Barrel Black Nitride Finish with DDM4 9.0 Quad Rail Free Float Handguard, Flash Hider
- Vltor BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Medium Charging Handle Assembly... Add to Cart for Price
- MagPul MOE Plus Pistol Grip AR-15 Rubber... $22.75 Select Options
- MagPul XT Full Profile Picatinny Rail Cover 6-1/2" Polymer... $11.34 - $11.35 Select Options
- PRI Magazine AR-15 6.8mm Remington SPC 10-Round Steel Black... $37.99 Available
- PRI Magazine AR-15 6.8mm Remington SPC 25-Round Steel Black... $43.99 Available
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with an advanced Salt Bath Nitriding treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as Melonite, this finish produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a Match Stainless Steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec barrel.
The DDM4v3 features the new DDM4 9.0 Free Float Quad Rail Handguard that extends all the way to the CNC-Machined Front Sight Base/Gas Block, providing ample room for mounting tactical accessories and greater accuracy potential by isolating the barrel from outside influences. The DDM4 Rail combines the best features of Daniel Defense's previous handguard designs to create an entirely new and improved platform. The 1-Piece Lower Rail of the handguard has been located closer to the barrel for an exceptionally slim, compact exterior footprint that is more comfortable and ergonomic to hold in the off-hand. The M4 rail is secured to the upper receiver with a new Bolt-Up System using 4 steel fasteners for rock solid stability and repeatable positioning of rail mounted accessories, and includes 4 Integral Quick Detach Sling Swivel Sockets for a multitude of sling mounting options. The DDM4v3 Upper is equipped with a Mid-Length Gas System that offers the advantages of a longer sight radius and a smoother recoil impulse, and comes complete and ready to fire with a Daniel Defense A1.5 Detachable Rear Sight, charging handle, Daniel Defense Flash Hider, 3 low profile ladder rail covers and a Daniel Defense Vertical Fore Grip.
- Upper Receiver: A4 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: S2W (Strength 2 Weight)
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, Cold Hammer Forged
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 11"
- Chamber: 6.8x43mm SPC II
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Flash Hider (1.875")
- Gas System Length: Mid
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: DDM4 9.0 Quad Rail, Free Float
- Sights: CNC-Machined Front Sight Base, Daniel Defense A1.5 Detachable Rear
- Extras: Daniel Defense Vertical Foregrip, 3 Low Profile Rail Covers
- Weight: 4 lbs, 8.0 oz
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.