BPI Shotshell Wads 12 Gauge Multi-Metal 3" 1-1/4 oz Bag of 100
- Winchester Military Grade Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Buffered... $5.99 - $244.99 Select Options
- BPI Steel Shot BB 10 lb Bag... $19.49 Available
- DPMS Buttstock Screw Upper AR-15 A1 Matte... $2.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Surefire EP3 Sonic Defender Ear Plugs (NRR 24 dB) ... $10.80 Select Options
- Walker's Youth & Women Earmuffs (NRR 27dB) ... $10.99 Select Options
- BPI Shotshell Wads 12 Gauge 1/2" Fiber Bag of 500... $12.49 Available
- BPI Steel Shot BBB 10 lb Bag... $19.49 Available
- Lee Load-All 2 Shotshell Press 12 Gauge 2-3/4", 3"... $48.99 Available
- BPI Shotshell Wads 12 Gauge 1/4" Felt Bag of 250... $11.99 Available
- Lyman Turbo Brass Cleaning Media Treated Corn Cob 6 lb "Easy... $15.99 Available
- Fiocchi Shotshell Hulls 12 Gauge 3" Primed Unskived Bag of 100... $16.49 Available
- BPI Steel Shot #3 10 lb Bag... $19.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
Length: 2" (for use in 3" shells)
Wads are essential for shotshell reloading. They fill extra space in the hull to make sure there is no room for the shot and powder to move around. They also act as a barrier between the powder and shot charges to ensure proper powder ignition, protect the shot from hot gasses and seal gasses behind the shot so that it can be propelled down the barrel. The wad also acts as a dual barrier to protect the barrel from becoming damaged by hard shot and to protect soft shot from becoming deformed by contact with hard barrel steel.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.