"Living with the Big .50: The Shooter's Guide to the World's Most Powerful Rifle" Book by Robert Boatman
- "The M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guide" Book by Walt Kuleck... $19.99 Available
- "Gun Digest 2013, 67th Edition" Book by Jerry Lee... $21.99 Available
- Berger 1st Edition Reloading Manual... $22.49 Available
- "The M1 Garand: Owner's Guide" Book by Scott A. Duff... $19.99 Available
- Nosler "Reloading Guide #7" Reloading Manual... $21.99 Available
- "Shooters Bible 104th Edition" Book By Jay Cassell... $26.99 Available
- "The M14 Owner's Guide and Match Conditioning Instructions"... $16.99 Available
- "The M14 Complete Assembly Guide" Book by Walt Kuleck with... $24.99 Available
- Hornady "Handbook of Cartridge Reloading: 9th Edition"... $29.99 Available
- Hodgdon "2013 Annual Reloading Manual" Reloading Manual... $8.49 Available
- Sierra "Infinity Exterior Ballistic Software Version 6" CD-ROM... $34.99 Available
- "Blue Book of Gun Values 34th Edition" Book by S.P. Fjestad... $29.99 Available
Date of Publication:March 2004
Number of Pages:176
From the publisher:
The 50-caliber rifle is infinitely more powerful than any other shoulder-fired rifle on the planet. No matter how you measure energy or stopping power, the .50 BMG is well off the charts. In the hands of police and military snipers, it can reach out, over, through and into places and things no other rifle can come close to approaching. In the world of civilian shooters, a rapidly growing international group of competitive marksmen cover five-shot groups on targets 1,500 yards away with the palms of their hands. For hunters, it?s possible to kill a bull elk cleanly at more than 900 yards with the .50 BMG.
Living with the Big .50 is the most thorough book ever written on this powerhouse rifle. Author Robert Boatman takes the reader out to the range and examines the single-shot, bolt-action, semiautomatic and full-auto variations of the rifle; advanced and specialized ammunition for military, police, competition and hunting applications; and recoil compensators, muzzle brakes, sound suppressors and other heavy-duty accessories. He then documents the words and wisdom of 13 of the biggest names in 50-caliber shooting today, including premier rifle builders Robbie Barrkman and Rock McMillan and renowned shooters Skip Talbot and Max Joseph.
Perhaps more than any other firearm, the Big .50 is under assault by gun banners who see no "legitimate purpose" for such a powerful rifle. Read this book and learn not only its many purposes but why it is vital that free citizens maintain the right to own one. 8 1/2 x 11, softcover, photos, 176 pp. ISBN 1-58160-440-8
Robert H. Boatman is a native Texan who has carried a gun since he was 14 years old, professionally and otherwise. He has worked as a national political strategist, VIP bodyguard, creative advertising executive, undercover cop, international publisher and editor, freelance journalist and crusading newspaperman. His first book, Living with Glocks: The Complete Guide to the New Standard in Combat Handguns, is a best-seller for Paladin. He also writes extensively for NRA, law enforcement and conservative political publications.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.