"Living with the Big .50: The Shooter's Guide to the World's Most Powerful Rifle" Book by Robert Boatman
- MTM Slip-Top Ammo Box 50 BMG 10-Round Plastic... $3.29 Select Options
- Barnes TAC-X Bullets 50 BMG (510 Diameter) 647 Grain Hollow... $35.49 Available
- Hornady Cam-Lock Case Trimmer Power Adapter... $29.99 Available
- L.E. Wilson Case Trimmer Kit 50 BMG Stainless Steel... $124.99 Available
- Gun Video "How To Shoot Sporting Clays" and "Trap and Skeet... $14.31 Available
- Gun Video "Extreme Accuracy: Highpower Rifle Competition With... $19.99 Available
- A-ZOOM Action Proving Dummy Round, Snap Cap 50 BMG Aluminum... $11.29 Available
- Magpul Dynamics "Art of the Dynamic Handgun" DVD 4 Disc Set... $47.45 Available
- Magpul Dynamics "Art of the Tactical Carbine" DVD 4 Disc Set... $47.45 Available
- Gun Video "Extreme Accuracy: The One Mile Shot with G. David... $19.99 Available
- Magpul Dynamics "Art of the Tactical Carbine" DVD 4 Disc Set... $37.95 Available
- Gun Video "Precision Rifle: Setting Up, Sighting In, Breaking... $19.99 Available
Date of Publication:March 2004
Number of Pages:176
From the publisher:
The 50-caliber rifle is infinitely more powerful than any other shoulder-fired rifle on the planet. No matter how you measure energy or stopping power, the .50 BMG is well off the charts. In the hands of police and military snipers, it can reach out, over, through and into places and things no other rifle can come close to approaching. In the world of civilian shooters, a rapidly growing international group of competitive marksmen cover five-shot groups on targets 1,500 yards away with the palms of their hands. For hunters, it?s possible to kill a bull elk cleanly at more than 900 yards with the .50 BMG.
Living with the Big .50 is the most thorough book ever written on this powerhouse rifle. Author Robert Boatman takes the reader out to the range and examines the single-shot, bolt-action, semiautomatic and full-auto variations of the rifle; advanced and specialized ammunition for military, police, competition and hunting applications; and recoil compensators, muzzle brakes, sound suppressors and other heavy-duty accessories. He then documents the words and wisdom of 13 of the biggest names in 50-caliber shooting today, including premier rifle builders Robbie Barrkman and Rock McMillan and renowned shooters Skip Talbot and Max Joseph.
Perhaps more than any other firearm, the Big .50 is under assault by gun banners who see no "legitimate purpose" for such a powerful rifle. Read this book and learn not only its many purposes but why it is vital that free citizens maintain the right to own one. 8 1/2 x 11, softcover, photos, 176 pp. ISBN 1-58160-440-8
Robert H. Boatman is a native Texan who has carried a gun since he was 14 years old, professionally and otherwise. He has worked as a national political strategist, VIP bodyguard, creative advertising executive, undercover cop, international publisher and editor, freelance journalist and crusading newspaperman. His first book, Living with Glocks: The Complete Guide to the New Standard in Combat Handguns, is a best-seller for Paladin. He also writes extensively for NRA, law enforcement and conservative political publications.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.