"Living with the Big .50: The Shooter's Guide to the World's Most Powerful Rifle" Book by Robert Boatman
Date of Publication:March 2004
Number of Pages:176
From the publisher:
The 50-caliber rifle is infinitely more powerful than any other shoulder-fired rifle on the planet. No matter how you measure energy or stopping power, the .50 BMG is well off the charts. In the hands of police and military snipers, it can reach out, over, through and into places and things no other rifle can come close to approaching. In the world of civilian shooters, a rapidly growing international group of competitive marksmen cover five-shot groups on targets 1,500 yards away with the palms of their hands. For hunters, it?s possible to kill a bull elk cleanly at more than 900 yards with the .50 BMG.
Living with the Big .50 is the most thorough book ever written on this powerhouse rifle. Author Robert Boatman takes the reader out to the range and examines the single-shot, bolt-action, semiautomatic and full-auto variations of the rifle; advanced and specialized ammunition for military, police, competition and hunting applications; and recoil compensators, muzzle brakes, sound suppressors and other heavy-duty accessories. He then documents the words and wisdom of 13 of the biggest names in 50-caliber shooting today, including premier rifle builders Robbie Barrkman and Rock McMillan and renowned shooters Skip Talbot and Max Joseph.
Perhaps more than any other firearm, the Big .50 is under assault by gun banners who see no "legitimate purpose" for such a powerful rifle. Read this book and learn not only its many purposes but why it is vital that free citizens maintain the right to own one. 8 1/2 x 11, softcover, photos, 176 pp. ISBN 1-58160-440-8
Robert H. Boatman is a native Texan who has carried a gun since he was 14 years old, professionally and otherwise. He has worked as a national political strategist, VIP bodyguard, creative advertising executive, undercover cop, international publisher and editor, freelance journalist and crusading newspaperman. His first book, Living with Glocks: The Complete Guide to the New Standard in Combat Handguns, is a best-seller for Paladin. He also writes extensively for NRA, law enforcement and conservative political publications.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 1.150 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.