- Coverage: 1/2 Acre; 22,000 sq ft
- Ingredients: Canola, Forage Turnip, Forage Rape
Canola Crush combines high palatability and high protein to create an attractive all brassica blend your deer will both crave and need. Best success if planted in Spring or Summer.
- Cultivate the soil 4” - 6” deep, to remove competing weeds and add fertilizer and lime as recommended. After cultivating, it is important to level and pack the soil before seeding the plot. Lightly pack the soil by running over your food plot with an ATV or a roller.
- Fertilizer Requirements - A soil test should be performed prior to planting to determine your plot’s need for fertilizer and lime. If a soil test cannot be done, we recommend preparing the seed bed by applying up to 300 lbs of 13-13-13 fertilizer or equivalent per acre.
- pH of Soil & Liming - The recommended soil pH is 6.5 - 7.5. A soil test should be performed prior to planting to determine your soil pH and the need for lime and fertilizer. If a soil test cannot be done, we recommend preparing the seed bed by applying up to 2,000 lbs of lime per acre.