Howell's Old West Semi Drop In Conversions Drop-In Conversion Cylinder 45 Caliber Ruger Old Army Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt) 6-Round Stainless Steel
- QuikClot Sport ACS Blood Clot Sponge... $10.99 - $14.99 Select Options
- Lee Alox Bullet Lube 4 oz Liquid... $5.99 Available
- Energizer Battery 377 Silver Oxide Pack of 2... $2.99 Available
- Lee 6-Cavity Bullet Mold TL452-230-2R 45 ACP, 45 Auto Rim, 45... $39.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Tubb Final Finish Bore Lapping System 308 Caliber and 7.62mm... $34.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Lee Factory Crimp Die 7x57mm Mauser (7mm Mauser)... $12.99 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Flash Hider Phantom 7.62 Quick Detach... $74.70 Available
- LaserLyte Replacement Batteries for Sub Compact Version 2 Red... $9.99 Available
- Tubb Final Finish Bore Lapping System 45-70 Government... $34.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Redding Pro Series Carbide 3-Die Set 45 Colt (Long Colt), 454... $84.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.