This DDM4v5 features the new DDM4 12.0 Free Float Quad Rail Handguard that extends forward over a pinned, low profile gas block to create one long, uninterrupted top rail platform, as well as providing ample room for mounting tactical accessories and enhancing the system's accuracy potential by isolating the barrel from outside influences. The DDM4 Rail combines the best features of Daniel Defense's previous handguard designs to create an entirely new and improved platform. The 1-Piece Lower Rail of the handguard has been located closer to the barrel for an exceptionally slim, compact exterior footprint that is more comfortable and ergonomic to hold in the off-hand. The DDM4 rail is secured to the upper receiver with a new Bolt-Up System using 4 steel fasteners for rock solid stability and repeatable positioning of rail mounted accessories, and includes 4 Integral Quick Detach Sling Swivel Sockets for a multitude of sling mounting options. This DDM4v5 Upper is equipped with a Mid-Length Gas System that offers the advantages of a longer sight radius and a smoother recoil impulse, and comes complete and ready to fire with a charging handle assembly, Daniel Defense Flash Hider, 3 low profile ladder rail covers and a Daniel Defense Vertical Fore Grip.
- Upper Receiver: A4 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Government
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, Cold Hammer Forged
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: Yes
- Barrel Finish: Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Flash Hider (1.875")
- Gas System Length: Mid
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: DDM4 12.0 Quad Rail, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: Mil-Spec
- Extras: Daniel Defense Vertical Grip, 3 Low Profile Rail Covers, Pinned Low Profile Gas Block
- Weight: 4 lbs, 8 oz
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.