Gerber Bear Grylls Tinderbox Fire Starter
- Coghlan's Flint Fire Starter... $4.99 Available
- 5ive Star Gear Steel Firestarter... $5.99 Available
- Gerber Bear Grylls Fire Starter... $10.85 Available
- SOG Firestarter/Sharpener Ceramic and Ferrocerium Rod Polymer... $8.53 Available
- Primus Ignition Fire Starter Steel... $8.49 - $15.49 Select Options
- Federal Game-Shok Game Load Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz #8... $6.69 Available
- Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Full... $14.49 Available
- Winchester Super-X Ammunition 30-06 Springfield 150 Grain... $20.99 - $197.99 Select Options
- Winchester Military Grade Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Buffered... $5.42 - $244.99 Select Options
- AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington with Anti Tilt Follower... $8.49 - $17.30 Select Options
- Coghlan's Tent Screen Repair Patches Pack of 3... $1.99 Available
- 5ive Star Gear Seven Strand Paracord... $3.99 - $54.99 Select Options
- Proforce Camouflage Face Paint... $1.26 Select Options
- 5ive Star Gear Mil-Spec Camouflage Face Paint Stick Loam and... $1.59 Available
- Texsport Collapsible Water Carrier 5 Gallon Polyethylene Clear... $9.99 Available
- BlackHawk Locking Carabiner Aluminum Black... $18.29 Available
- Coghlans Fire Disc Fire Starter... $1.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- C304 stainless cutter
- Magnifying glass
- Polycarbonate/ABS with TPE overmold
- Emergency signaling mirror
With a high grip rubber exterior and oblong shape for easy maintenance in the palm, the Gerber Bear Grylls Tinderbox, at 3 ounces, is capable of initiating fire in even the most difficult scenarios. This revolutionary tool possesses a grater-like steel cutting surface that creates a fine tinder when applied to wood. The Tinderbox works as well with wet wood as with dry, because the grating surface simply shaves off the wet outer layers to expose the dry interior. After shaving wood into the Tinderbox, the cutter opens to allow easy removal of the tinder that’s been created. At the point of prepping to build a fire, empty the dry tinder contents of the Tinderbox onto the desired surface of collected items to be burned. Place the plastic cover over the cutting surface when not in use to provide protection in a pocket or gear bag.
The Tinderbox’s attached magnifying glass can be used for a spark to ignite the gathered tinder if matches are wet, or worse, unavailable. An emergency signaling mirror is located on the bottom of the Tinderbox, because even getting a fire started doesn’t equate to finding an escape route. The Bear Grylls Priorities of Survival Pocket Guide is included with this tool, furthering its usefulness and potential life-saving utility. Backed by Gerber's Lifetime Warranty.
Note: Do NOT start a fire in the Tinderbox.
- Length: 5.75"
- Width: 2.25"
- Height: 1.06"
- Weight: 3.0 oz
- Material: Polypropylene cutter cover; Polycarbonate/ABS with TPE overmold
Shipping Weight: 0.280 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Ships Alone: NoXProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
DOT-Regulated: NoXProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Carrier Restrictions: NoXProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
HazMat Product: NoXAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.