"The Competitive AR-15: The Ultimate Technical Manual" Book by Glen Zediker
- Remington Slugger Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz Rifled Slug... $5.19 - $239.99 Select Options
- QuikClot Sport ACS Blood Clot Sponge... $10.99 - $14.99 Select Options
- "The Competitive AR-15: The Mouse that Roared" Book by Glen... $23.99 Available
- Cold Steel Special Forces Shovel Steel Blade Hardwood Handle... $20.99 Available
- Weaver Top-Mount Scope Base #12 Gloss... $5.19 Available
- Adventure Medical Kits HeetSheets Emergency Survival Blanket... $4.99 Available
- Hornady American Whitetail Ammunition 30-30 Winchester 150... $19.29 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hornady Custom Ammunition 450 Bushmaster 250 Grain SST Flex... $31.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- MidwayUSA Range and Field Bag PVC Coated Polyester... $14.99 - $15.99 Select Options
- RCBS Trigger Pull Gage Military 0 to 25 lb (8 oz Increments)... $43.99 Available
- Lansky Hone Fine Serrated... $7.99 Available
- Lansky Puck Dual-Grit Coarse and Fine Knife and Tool Sharpener... $6.99 Available
To help answer the questions of what to get and what to do, this book features detailed segments on a dozen different project rifles. Six were full-custom NRA Match and Service Rifles, cost no object, best of the best versions that defined my ideas of the "ultimate" AR15. I also took a look at the other end of that spectrum and evaluated two factory-built target rifles. That's not all that's in here, of course, because each and every major system and component set gets its own separate segment: magazines, bolts and carriers, gas system, triggers, stocks, forends, sights (optics too), even firing pins!
There's a huge handloading segment, as you would expect... A lot has changed over the past few years, and here's the low-down on what's working and what's not. It can be easy. Also, there are several cartridge alternatives now, like the Grendel, and all are featured in this segment.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.