"The Competitive AR-15: The Ultimate Technical Manual" Book by Glen Zediker
- MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 380 ACP, 9mm Luger 100-Round Plastic... $3.99 Select Options
- MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 40 S&W, 10mm Auto, 45 ACP 100-Round... $3.99 Select Options
- DPMS Charging Handle Stripped AR-15 Aluminum Matte... $14.99 Available
- Lyman "Reloading Handbook: 49th Edition" Reloading Manual... $22.99 Available
- DPMS Forward Assist Assembly Round AR-15, LR-308 Matte... $11.99 Available
- DPMS Ejection Port Cover Assembly AR-15 Matte... $5.99 Available
- Cold Steel Trench Hawk Tactical Tomahawk 3-1/2" 1055 Carbon... $33.99 Available
- Schuster AR-10 Bolt Extractor and Ejector Disassembly Tool... $32.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering Delta Series Upper Receiver Vise Block... $22.49 Available
- Smith Enterprise Vortex A3 Flash Hider 1/2"-28 Thread with Pin... $58.99 Available
- Velocity Archery Stinger Slingshot Polymer Handle Black... $9.99 Available
- PTG Headspace No-Go Gage 223 Wylde... $27.99 Available
To help answer the questions of what to get and what to do, this book features detailed segments on a dozen different project rifles. Six were full-custom NRA Match and Service Rifles, cost no object, best of the best versions that defined my ideas of the "ultimate" AR15. I also took a look at the other end of that spectrum and evaluated two factory-built target rifles. That's not all that's in here, of course, because each and every major system and component set gets its own separate segment: magazines, bolts and carriers, gas system, triggers, stocks, forends, sights (optics too), even firing pins!
There's a huge handloading segment, as you would expect... A lot has changed over the past few years, and here's the low-down on what's working and what's not. It can be easy. Also, there are several cartridge alternatives now, like the Grendel, and all are featured in this segment.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.