Howell Old West Conversions Conversion Cylinder 44 Caliber Uberti 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt)
- Ultramax Cowboy Action Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 200... $36.49 - $179.99 Select Options
- Pro-Shot Cotton Flannel Cleaning Patches... $6.49 - $82.99 Select Options
- "Lyman Black Powder Handbook and Loading Manual: All New 2nd... $17.49 Available
- Hoppe's #9 Plus Black Powder Bore Cleaning Solvent and Patch... $4.79 Available
- Lyman Black Powder Gold Lube... $5.19 Available
- CVA Barrel Blaster Black Powder Cleaning System Value Pack... $32.99 Available
- Gun Video "A Complete Guide And Introduction To Cowboy Action... $19.99 Available
- Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms Eighth Edition Book by... $22.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Gun Video "The Dark Side: Cowboy Action Black Powder Shooting"... $19.99 Available
- Marble's Catch 22 Storage Dispenser for 22 Long Rifle... $8.49 Available
- Plano Ammo Box 44 Special, 44 Remington Magnum, 45 Colt... $2.29 Available
- Kimber Magazine Kimber Solo 9mm Luger 6-Round Stainless Steel... $19.99 Available
- Plano Ammo Box 38 Special, 357 Magnum 50-Round Plastic Dark... $2.29 Available
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.