Novak plain black dovetail carry rear sight for Glock's. Fits the factory dovetail as a direct replacement (some minor fitting may be required) and uses a .180" front sight blade height. Gunsmith installation is recommended.
- Generally, all installations will require machining. Exception will be if the firearm already has Novak sights. However, if installing Extreme Duty sights, some machining may be required even if changing from other Novak sights. Some Kimber, Springfield and H&K pistols have been factory-equipped with Novak sights.
- Complete instructions are included with these sights if they require machining for installation.
- Novak front sights are dovetail. Slide will require milling if not already set up for dovetail front sights. If changing from Millett dual crimp front sights, the holes in the slide will have to be filled or they will show after machining for Novak front.
Extreme Duty sights, comments from Novak:
- 1911 Colt 70 and 80 series. Will require full milling if handgun does not have Novak sights. If handgun does have Novak sights, will still require a small milling cut in front of the existing rear dovetail for the sight's hinge system. Front blade recommended is .225" height.
- Springfield. Same requirements as Colt, above.
- Kimber. Milling is not required if handgun has Novak sights. Front blade recommended is .175" height.
- Smith & Wesson. Same requirement as Kimber, except front blade recommended is .305" height.
- Browning. Will require full milling of slide at front and rear. Front blade recommended is .215" height.