Buffalo Bore Ammunition 38 Special +P 158 Grain Lead Semi-Wadcutter Hollow Point Gas Check Box of 20
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 38 Special 158 Grain Lead... $25.99 Available
- Hornady Critical Defense Ammunition 38 Special +P 110 Grain... $18.99 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 38 Special Short Barrel 110 Grain... $32.99 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 357 Magnum 180 Grain Lead Flat Nose... $26.99 Available
- ERGO Low Profile Ladder Picatinny Rail Cover 6" Polymer... $25.00 Select Options
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 380 ACP +P 80 Grain Barnes TAC-XP... $27.49 Available
- Savage Arms Magazine Savage 64 Series 22 Long Rifle 10-Round... $16.29 Available
- Bianchi 580 Speed Strips 38 Special and 357 Magnum Package of... $5.64 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 357 Magnum 140 Grain Jacketed Hollow... $27.99 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 38 Special +P 110 Grain Barnes TAC-XP... $32.49 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 357 Magnum 140 Grain Barnes TAC-XP... $32.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Rust and Lead Remover Gun Cleaning Cloth... $3.19 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE HEADSTAMP ON THIS BRASS: Due to limited supplies of brass, Buffalo Bore has begun loading +P and +P+ ammunition in brass that may not be indicated as such on the headstamp. Example: 9mm Luger +P+ ammunition may be designated as 9mm Luger +P or simply 9mm Luger on the headstamp.
Buffalo Bore loads their ammunition up to maximum SAAMI specifications, which delivers devastating performance on a wide range of game. Please note that this ammunition is not intended for older guns. It is made for modern firearms only, as some of the ammunition could damage older and weaker firearms. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on Buffalo Bore Heavy 38 Special +P Ammunition:
The new Buffalo Bore Heavy 38 SPL+P ammo will maximize the effectiveness of your 38 SPL revolver. The powders are flash suppressed so as to not hinder your vision should you be required to drop the hammer in low light.
Item 20A/20 is the terrific SOFT lead semi wad cutter hollow cavity bullet, however we've added a gas check to stop the leading that this load typically causes with other manufacturers version of this bullet.
Whether you prefer the very soft semi wadcutter lead bullet, or a very soft JHC, (jacketed hollow cavity) these HVY 38 SPL+P loads will turbo charge your 38 SPL revolver.
The tactical reload: Short (2 to 2.5 inch) barreled revolvers have short ejectors. Those short ejectors typically used on 2 inch to 2.5 inch barreled revolvers are not long enough to fully eject 357 magnum brass. So if you are forced into a situation where you need to reload your weapon under fire, you will find yourself picking your fired/empty 357 brass out of the cylinder one at a time - this is very bad. On the other hand, 38SPL brass is shorter than 357 brass and those short ejectors will often fully eject 38SPL brass. We have experimented a great deal with short barreled revolvers and have found that 38SPL brass normally offers an advantage if you need to reload your "snub nose" revolver, in a hurry.
Check out the below velocities that I fired from my personal revolvers. We believe that real world, stock, "over the counter" guns, give real world results, so we don't advertise velocities that are fired from long test barrels.
These 38SPL+P loads are generating low-end 357 magnum, ballistics. If you have an older or more fragile 38SPL, or if you are recoil sensitive, consider using our HVY Standard Pressure 38SPL ammunition. It is safe to be fired in any 38SPL revolver and it still packs much more punch than ordinary 38SPL ammo.
Item 20A: 158gr., very soft cast, semi wad cutter, (Keith) hollow cavity, with a gas check. This bullet will mushroom violently on impact and will penetrate roughly 14 inches. Again, this bullet is gas checked and will not lead your barrel.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.