- Light Weight Free Floating Barrel Design
- Steel Barrel Nut
- Uninterrupted Upper Rail Platform
- Integral Sling Swivel Attachment Points with Limited Travel
- Patented Bolt-Up Mounting System
- Mil-Spec 1913 Picatinny Rails
- Grade 8 Military Specification Fasteners
- Includes 3 Picatinny Rail Covers
- Made in the USA
The AR15 Lite Rail II is the next generation of Lite Rail from Daniel Defense. The improved design enhances the rail’s structural integrity, improves functionality, aesthetics and ease of installation to the weapon system without compromising its best-known attributes, one of which being the lightest rail system on the market. Enhanced features include a machined from one piece aluminum rail which replaces Daniel Defense's previous two-piece welded design, patented Bolt-Up System, requiring only 4 bolts instead of 6, with tabs that aid in alignment to the upper receiver during installation. Front and Rear Sling Swivel Attachment Points are integrated into both the left and right side rails and are designed to limit the swivel’s rotation.
The AR15 Lite Rail II 12.0 FSP free float rail system features an opening in the top rail to accommodate the front sight post and gas block of a carbine-length AR15 gas system. This precision cut-out provides much needed rail space along the top, sides, and bottom rails of the 12.0 FSP. The rifle’s front sight post protrudes through this opening but does not diminish the useable mounting area on the rail that extends beyond the gas block and over the carbine’s barrel. This extra “real-estate” is a perfect location for aiming devices, flashlights, and laser sights. Installation hardware is included.
- Material: Aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum
- Finish: Military Specification Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Length: 12.5"
- Width: 2.06"
- Weight: 13.2 oz.
- Inside Diameter: 1.22"
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Free Float: Yes
- Continuous Upper Rail: Yes
- Note: Specifically designed for use with a standard A2 Front Sight Base