Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Mid-Length M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist 16" Chrome-Moly Black Nitride
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Government Contour... $289.00 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $164.99 Available
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Lightweight Contour... $289.00 Select Options
- Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Heavy Contour 1 in 9"... $164.99 Available
This barrel has been finished inside and out with a protective black nitride treatment that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. The salt bath nitride finishing process deposits an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered with chrome due to its uneven application inside the barrel's bore.
This 16" AR-15 barrel features a true 5.56x45mm NATO chamber for use with both commercial and military surplus ammunition, while its 1 in 9" twist rifling is capable of stabilizing light to medium weight projectiles of up to about 69 grains. It comes equipped with a mid-length gas port to provide a smooth recoil impulse and longer sight radius, as well as 1/2"-28 threading at the muzzle for the addition of a flash hider, muzzle brake or sound suppressor. Barrel is fully chambered and includes a pre-installed barrel extension with M4 feed ramps and locator pin.
- Length: 16"
- Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Contour: Modified M4 (No M203 Cut)
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 9"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Port Location: Mid
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.