Bushnell Equinox Night Vision Monocular 4x 40mm Black
- Image capture
- Video capture
- Daytime color
- Video out
- AA batteries
- Adjustable IR brightness
- Tripod mount
- Glass objective
- Carrying case
- Up to 750ft viewing with infrared illuminator
For some, darkness marks the end of an adventure. For others, there is the Equinox Z. The Bushnell Equinox Z is the latest offering in affordable consumer Night Vision. With its high-performance glass objectives, zoom capability and extremely long battery life, nothing reveals the unknowns of darkness like the Equinox Z line of night vision products. Whether used to track an animal across an open prairie or to explore the depths of the murkiest cave, Equinox Z provides an unparalleled viewing experience in low-light conditions.
Designed to afford the user outstanding optical clarity and a wide field of view, the Equinox Z line offers powerful infrared illumination and day or night viewing. With features such as Image Capture, Video Recording, Daytime Color and tripod-mounting compatibility, Equinox Z gives users the tools for success in any endeavor. Add to that the convenience of AA batteries and an extra-rugged, water-resistant housing, and the result is a digital night vision monocular that performs well no matter the situation.
- Generation: Not listed by manufacturer
- Magnification: 4.5X
- Field of View: 28'
- Eye Relief: Not listed by manufacturer
- Lens Aperture: 40mm
- Focus Range: Not listed by manufacturer
- Diopter Setting: Not listed by manufacturer
- Waterproof: No, Water resistant
- Battery Type: AA (4)
- Battery Life: Not listed by manufacturer
- Operating Temperature: Not listed by manufacturer
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 3.9" x 2.4"
- Weight: 22 oz
A night vision device works by taking existing light, whether infra-red, moonlight or starlight, and changing it into visible light. This visible light is amplified to the point where it may be viewed in the device's eyepiece. The process, where the existing light (made up of photons) moves through a photocathode tube, changes to electrons that are electro-chemically amplified and then driven against a phosphorus screen to return them to visible light, gives the final image a green hue. Night vision devices are referred to by what "Generation" they are. Each generation has a different type of intensifier tube.
- 1st Generation amplifies light several thousand times. The image will generally be sharp in the center and slightly blurry around the edges, allowing wildlife observation or for general security use. A 1st generation will hum when on, it may continue to glow for some time after it is turned off, but is the least expensive type of night vision device
Recognition of a deer on a cloudy night is possible at 75 yards using a 1st generation unit.
- 2nd Generation has an extra process because a micro-channel plate is directly behind the photocathode tube and amplifies the light many times more than a 1st generation. The image is sharper and brighter.
Recognition of a deer on a cloudy night is possible at 100 yards using a 2nd generation unit.
- 3rd Generation has a chemical added to the photocathode and a film is added to increase tube life. These changes give excellent low light performance.
Recognition of a deer on a cloudy night is possible at 150 yards using a 3rd generation unit.
- 4th Generation does not use the film in the 3rd generation but uses a radically different way in which power is supplied to the unit. Image resolution is increased and to A night vision device works by taking existing light, whether infra-red, moonlight or starlight, and changing it into visible light. This visible light is amplified to the point where it may be viewed in the device's eyepiece. The process, where the existing light (made up of photons) moves through a photocathode tube, changes to electrons that are electro-chemically amplified and then driven against a phosphorus screen to return them to visible light, gives the final image a green hue. Night vision devices are referred to by what "Generation" they are. Each generation has a different type of intensifier tube.
Recognition of a deer on a cloudy night is possible at 200 yards using a 4th generation unit.
Regardless of generation, the image may have some black spots on it. These do not affect the performance or reliability of the device and should not be considered defects
The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
- Cannot ship via air
- Cannot ship via USPS
Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
Military Surplus New Condition Mickey Boots
$44.99 - $69.99
Maxpedition 1 Quart USGI Canteen Pouch Nylon
Clearance — Select ItemsView More OptionsAdd to Cart for Price
C'Mere Deer Sweet Spot Deer Attractant Granular 5 LB Bag
ASP SideBreak Slide Baton Scabbard For 16" Baton Polymer Black
$29.33 & SHIPS FREE
Duke DP Coon Trap Steel Silver
Sale$10.99Save $6.00 (35%)