"Colt Brevete Revolvers" Book by Roy Marcot & Ron Paxton
In the 1850s, Samuel Colt worked assiduously to patent his revolver concept and prevent infringements around the world. It was a losing effort and unauthorized copies of his pistols were showing up from Europe to Japan. In an example of lateral thinking, Sam Colt decided to take advantage of the situation. He informed Belgian and gun makers in other countries that he would withdraw his lawsuits if they would accept a licensing arrangement whereby he would provide parts for assembly or allow them to manufacture some or all parts in return for a royalty for each gun that passed through their country s proof house. Otherwise, he would continue his lawsuits and they would see their revolvers confiscated. The program worked very well. The number of spurious copies fell and the Colt factory revenue rose.
- Number of Pages: 372
- Publisher: Northwood Heritage Press and North Cape Publications, Inc
- Date of Publication: April 1, 2012
- Hardcover/Paperback: Hardback
- ISBN-10: 0961149426
- ISBN-13: 978-0961149420
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 6.150 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
5.11 COVRT18 Backpack 500D and 240D Water Resistant Nylon
Sale — Select ItemsView More OptionsAdd to Cart for Price & SHIPS FREE
Maxpedition Fatty Pocket Organizer 1000 Denier Nylon
$25.19 - $26.99