Buffalo Bore Ammunition 357 Magnum 125 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 20
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Select Options
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $10.29 Available
- Caldwell Pistolero Pistol Shooting Rest... $23.99 Available
- Caldwell Plink N' Swing Swinging Target Twin-Spin 45 Caliber... $20.99 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 12"x18" Self-Adhesive Silhouette... $7.29 - $114.99 Select Options
- Hornady Varmint Express Ammunition 6.8mm Remington SPC 110... $21.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hornady Critical Defense Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 185... $19.29 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 357 Magnum Short Barrel 140 Grain... $32.99 Available
- Fiocchi Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" #4 Buckshot 27 Nickel... $7.39 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 38 Special +P 125 Grain Jacketed... $25.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 357 Magnum Short Barrel 125 Grain... $32.99 Available
- Hornady Critical Defense Ammunition 357 Magnum 125 Grain Flex... $21.99 Available
- Hornady Electronic Caliper 6" Stainless Steel... $22.49 Available
- Barnes XPB Handgun Bullets 45 Colt (Long Colt)(451 Diameter)... $21.49 Available
- Hornady XTP Bullets 38 Caliber (357 Diameter) 125 Grain... $17.49 Available
- Buffalo Bore Ammunition 9mm Luger +P+ 115 Grain Barnes TAC-XP... $32.99 Available
- Barnes TAC-XP Bullets 38 Special (357 Diameter) 110 Grain... $27.49 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on Buffalo Bore Tactical Short Barrel 357 Magnum Ammunition:
Typical full power 357 magnum loads offer several tactical problems for use in self-defense and duty applications, especially when used in the shorter/lighter revolvers that are typical of concealed, defensive and duty carry. First, the muzzle flash can be blinding, especially from short barrels. Second, felt recoil can be a life-threatening drawback if fast follow-up shots are required. Third, the level of report can be deafening and cause permanent hearing loss, especially if fired indoors.
All three Buffalo Bore Tactical Short Barrel loads address the above problems and make the 357 magnum ideal for concealed, defensive and duty carry in smaller revolvers.
Muzzle flash: These exciting new 357 magnum loads utilize a flash suppressed powder that will not blind you, should you need to drop the hammer in a low light situation. It is estimated that over 90% of all defensive civilian shootings in the U.S. happen in low light-that is when the criminal element is at work. Wouldn't it be horrible if you fired at an assailant, in the dark, to protect your family, only to find that you missed the bad guy and you are now blind due to your own muzzle flash? This is a scenario that has happened many times in the real world with the 357 magnum. Through the use of our non-canister, flash suppressed powder, the tactical problem of blinding muzzle flash is now greatly reduced with Buffalo Bore's new Tactical Short Barrel loads!
Recoil: Felt recoil is exacerbated by the use of shorter barreled, smaller framed, lighter weight 357 revolvers, typically used for concealed and duty carry. The new Buffalo Bore Tactical Short Barrel 357 loads are not the normal full power "barn burner", 357 magnum loads we make and as such, felt recoil is substantially reduced, although they remain very powerful. Hence, deadly, and faster follow-up shots are more possible.
Your ears: Most folks don't think of the level of "report" as being a problem during a life threatening/defensive shooting and that may be correct for the actual moment of conflict. However, to lose some of your hearing for the rest of your life, following the shooting incident, is unnecessary and undesirable. Full power 357 magnum ammunition is deafening, even more so when fired from short barrels and even worse if you are required to shoot from an enclosed area such as a vehicle or indoors. Buffalo Bore's Tactical Short Barrel 357 magnum loads are not as hard on your hearing as full power ammunition. Although the use of hearing protection is still desirable, if possible, when using this ammo.
For those who wish to carry a 357 magnum revolver for potential "conflict resolution", these new Buffalo Bore loads put an end to the "tactical" draw backs associated with our regular 357 magnum ammo. These loads are great for use in longer barreled firearms too.
We could have reduced the recoil, flash and blast even more by "watering down" these loads further than we did, but then you wouldn't have a real 357 magnum in your hands. So we looked for and found a balance between very powerful, fight stopping ammo that recoils and flashes much less than ours and some other makers, full power 357 loads. If we were to "water down" this "Tactical Short Barrel" 357 ammo any more, we would simply not manufacture it and suggest that you use our 38 SPL+P ammunition.
None of these loads caused crimp/bullet jump (in five shots) in my 12 OZ. Scandium S&W Model 340, but they did generate considerable felt recoil.
Item 19G/20-125gr. Jacketed Hollow Point bullet @ 1,225 fps from a 2.5 inch S&W mod. 66 barrel. Designed to mushroom violently, yet hold together and penetrate deeply-roughly 12 to 14 inches.
WARNING - shooting this ammo out of revolvers weighing less than 16 OZ. produces tremendous felt recoil. We recommend our +P 38 SPL ammo for revolvers that weigh less than 16 OZ., if you are recoil sensitive.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.