Howell Old West Conversions Conversion Cylinder 31 Caliber Uberti 1849 Pocket Pistol Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 32 S&W 5-Round Blue
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.
The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
- "Lyman Black Powder Handbook and Loading Manual: All New 2nd... $17.49
- Hoppe's #9 Plus Black Powder Bore Cleaning Solvent and Patch... $4.79
- Uberti 1849 Pocket Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 31... $319.99
- Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms Eighth Edition Book by... $22.99
- Gun Video "The Dark Side: Cowboy Action Black Powder Shooting"... $19.99
- Gun Video "A Complete Guide And Introduction To Cowboy Action... $19.99
- Uberti 1849 Wells Fargo Model Black Powder Revolver 31 Caliber... $314.99
- GrovTec Sling Swivel Set Remington 870 Espress Magazine Cap... $25.99
- ProMag Barrel Band with Picatinny Rails Ruger 10/22... $26.99
- Remington Turkey Choke Tube Remington Rem Choke 20 Gauge Super... $25.99
- Sellier & Bellot Ammunition 338 Lapua Magnum 250 Grain Sierra... $30.99 - $296.99 View More Options