"Leather Sling and Shooting Positions" Book by Jim Owens
Publisher: Jafeica Publishing
Date of Publication: 1996
Number of Pages: 137
Summary of Material (from the publisher):
Learn to assemble the leather sling in the same method taught by the Marine Corps Team. Follow a four-step program to shooting positions, the likes of which you have never seen before. As an added bonus, receive a five-step theory that could increase your off-hand three to ten points
- Introduction, Leather Sling: Good, Bad, and Ugly, Putting it together
- Putting the sling on the rifle. The "parade" sling
- The four steps: 1) The "flat of the arm", 2) Getting the "feel", 3) Suiting up, 4) The "right" hole
- Placing the sling on the arm. The "Half Twist". A dissenting opinion
- Natural point of aim. An illegal prone position. Killer spiders. How do you operate the bolt? Walk the line
- The prone position. Slow-fire prone
- Timing: service rifle vs. bolt rifle
- Rapid-fire prone. Marking your position
- The Sitting Position: Crossed Ankle. Crossed leg, Open Leg
- The Off-hand Position. The left arm. Increase your average 3-10 points
- Appendix A Source list
Notes: 44 Black and White Photos, 2nd Edition,
The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
- Nosler Trophy Grade Ammunition 257 Roberts +P 110 Grain... $44.99
- RCBS Shellholder #3 (308 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield, 45... $7.99
- RCBS 2-Die Set 260 Remington... $34.99
- Lapua Reloading Brass 260 Remington Box of 100... $104.99
- Hornady "Handbook of Cartridge Reloading: 9th Edition"... $29.99
- Lee "Modern Reloading 2nd Edition, Revised" Reloading Manual... $14.99
- A-ZOOM Action Proving Dummy Round, Snap Cap 260 Remington... $14.99
- Hoppe's BoreSnake Rifle Bore Cleaner... $13.99 - $16.49 View More Options