"Leather Sling and Shooting Positions" Book by Jim Owens
Publisher: Jafeica Publishing
Date of Publication: 1996
Number of Pages: 137
Summary of Material (from the publisher):
Learn to assemble the leather sling in the same method taught by the Marine Corps Team. Follow a four-step program to shooting positions, the likes of which you have never seen before. As an added bonus, receive a five-step theory that could increase your off-hand three to ten points
- Introduction, Leather Sling: Good, Bad, and Ugly, Putting it together
- Putting the sling on the rifle. The "parade" sling
- The four steps: 1) The "flat of the arm", 2) Getting the "feel", 3) Suiting up, 4) The "right" hole
- Placing the sling on the arm. The "Half Twist". A dissenting opinion
- Natural point of aim. An illegal prone position. Killer spiders. How do you operate the bolt? Walk the line
- The prone position. Slow-fire prone
- Timing: service rifle vs. bolt rifle
- Rapid-fire prone. Marking your position
- The Sitting Position: Crossed Ankle. Crossed leg, Open Leg
- The Off-hand Position. The left arm. Increase your average 3-10 points
- Appendix A Source list
Notes: 44 Black and White Photos, 2nd Edition,
The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
Thank you! Your valuable input helps improve our product information and future product selections
Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Super Sling Swivel Set...
$8.99 - $10.79
Magpul PMAG M3 Magazine AR-15 223 Remington Black...
Add to Cart for PriceClearance — Select Items
Winchester USA Ammunition Q3131 5.56x45mm NATO 55 Grain Full...
$13.49 - $597.99
Winchester USA Ammunition 223 Remington 62 Grain Full Metal...
$13.29 - $599.99
AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington with Anti Tilt Follower...
$12.99 - $18.99Save up to $8.00 (30%)
Pearce Grip Magazine Base Pad Glock 26, 27, 33 Plus One...
Glock Magazine Gen 4 Glock 27 40 S&W Polymer Black...
$23.84 - $24.99Clearance — Select Items Save up to $8.15 (25%)
Archangel Defense Tactical Pen Black...
$16.91 - $44.99
Peltor ShotGunner Folding Earmuffs (NRR 21dB)...
Champion Official NRA 100 Yard Scope Sighting-In Targets 14"...
Ruger Magazine Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle 10-Round Polymer...
Butch's Triple Twill Cleaning Patches...