Buffalo Bore Sniper Ammunition 308 Winchester 175 Grain Sierra Hollow Point Boat Tail Box of 20
- MidwayUSA Silicone Impregnated Gun Cleaning Cloth... $2.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Rust and Lead Remover Gun Cleaning Cloth... $2.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Select Options
- Radians Snug Plugs Corded Ear Plugs (NRR 28 dB)... $2.99 - $59.99 Select Options
- MidwayUSA Rifle Cheek Rest with Rifle Ammunition Carrier... $19.99 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $15.99 Available
- Star Targets Exploding Rifle Target Plastic Canister 1/2 lb.... $4.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Sniper Drag Bag Scoped Rifle Case... $69.99 - $74.99 Select Options
- NRA Official High Power Rifle Target MR-52 200 Yard Slow Fire... $34.99 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Muzzle Velocity: 2700 fps
Muzzle Energy: 2832.3 ft. lbs
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on Buffalo Bore 308 Winchester Sniper Ammunition:
At the time of this writing, (04-05-11) Buffalo Bore has been making this 308 Win. Sniper load, for 8 or 9 years. Until this time, I had neglected to write text on this web site for this load, so here are few particulars our customers may be interested in. We do not produce this load for maximum velocity, but for maximum accuracy. Our production lots of this product vary in velocity as we search for the most accurate combination of powder/bullet/brass from varying lot #'s. In my Springfield M1A National Match, (22 inch barrel) velocities from production batch to batch run between 2640 fps and 2700 fps. While this load was developed for maximum long range accuracy, it has great value as a hunting load. The Sierra 175gr. Match King is a fairly soft bullet that Sierra does not recommend for hunting, however, at our 308 Win. impact velocities, it mushrooms nicely on deer sized animals. Of course it mushrooms more violently at close range than it does at longer ranges. From 100 yards to 500 yards, it performs terminally just like you'd want a deer, black bear, antelope or hog bullet to perform. I would not shoot animals over 350 lbs with it, unless they were over 400 yards away, at which point the bullet will penetrate pretty deep because it is moving too slow to mushroom radically. This is a load I carry in my light weight bolt rifle (Kimber Montana) for general use and I have shot it a lot. If your rifle is accurate with this load, it is great for deer or hog hunting. This load is safe for use in ALL 308 Win. chambered firearms that are in normal operating condition.