Buffalo Bore Ammunition Supercharged 35 Whelen 225 Grain Spitzer Flat Base Box of 20
- Nosler Custom Ammunition 35 Whelen 225 Grain Partition Spitzer... $56.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 35 Whelen 225 Grain... $34.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Nosler Trophy Grade Ammunition 35 Whelen 225 Grain AccuBond... $56.99 Available
- Doubletap Ammunition 35 Whelen 225 Grain Nosler AccuBond... $56.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Available Select Options
- MidwayUSA Rifle Cheek Rest with Rifle Ammunition Carrier... $20.99 Available
- Remington Rem Oil Gun Oil Aerosol... $4.89 - $7.29 Out of Stock, Backorder OK Select Options
- Howard Leight Leight Plugs Ear Plugs (NRR 30 dB) Package of 10... $4.09 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $16.49 Available
- Hoppe's BoreSnake Bore Cleaner Rifle 35, 350, 357, 358, 375... $16.49 Available
- NRA Official Lifesize Game Target White Tail Deer Paper... $25.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Muzzle Velocity: 2800 fps
Muzzle Energy: 3916 ft. lbs
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on 358 Whelen Super Charged Ammunition:
Buffalo Bore has developed two new 35 Whelen loads. Item 42A features a Sierra 225gr. SPTZ-BT bullet @ 2705 fps out of my Remington 700. (24 inch bbl) At the expected impact velocities, this bullet will mushroom readily, but hold together on large game like bull elk. We recommend this load for use on smallish big game (like whitetail deer) through Yukon Moose and Bison. However, on very tough (other than broadside) angling shots on large big game, we recommend the use of our item 42B, which features a 225gr. Barnes TSX bullet @ 2654 fps out of the same rifle. The TSX load is a bit slower than the Sierra load because the long-for-weight all copper TSX uses up more case/powder capacity than the shorter Sierra bullet of the same weight.
If you desire the deepest possible penetration from an expanding bullet in 35 Whelen, the 225gr.TSX bullet delivers. It will out penetrate a 250gr. typical premium partition bullet, but gives the advantage of higher velocity, flatter trajectory and reduced recoil of the lighter 225gr. bullet. You can use this TSX load for bad angle (quartering or going straight away) shots on the largest North American big game.
This ammo is designed to be the highest quality, most powerful/versatile, 35 Whelen ammo, in the world. It exhibits sub MOA accuracy in our test rifle.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.