CMMG's durable Weapons Armament Surface Protection (WASP) Melonite treatment is a unique protective coating applied to the barrel that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. Also referred to as Nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering from the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: M4
- Barrel Material: Chrome Moly Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: WASP Melonite
- Twist Rate: 1 in 9"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: CMMG Revolution Customizable Free Float, Carbine Length
- Sights: None, Low Profile Single Rail Gas Block
- Extras: 3 Smooth Handguard Panels
NOTE: All CMMG uppers are test fired at their facility before shipment to the end user.