Since the 1970s, mule deer populations have declined dramatically due to habitat loss and degradation. As urban areas continue to sprawl and more people build homes in rural settings, mule deer and their habitat will suffer. But you can help change the future for mule deer.
Your support helps fund habitat enhancement, research, conservation education, hunting heritage and much more. Please help ensure the conservation of mule deer, black-tailed deer and their habitat.
What your membership dollars can do:
- Buy seed used in grassland, riparian and wildfire restoration projects.
- Planting projects to restore burned or overgrazed winter range.
- Supply fuel to operate equipment used in creating and maintaining wildlife forage openings.
- Purchase materials to construct a new or repair an existing wildlife water guzzler.
- Install new wildlife water guzzlers.
- Maintain and/or restore remote storage and shelter areas used by wildlife biologists and wardens.
- Provide hands-on teaching materials - such as antlers, skulls and tracks - for use in wildlife education programs.
- Sponsor programs designed to teach women and children outdoor skills and conservation ethics.
- Co-sponsor youth days aimed at educating kids about hunting, fishing and wildlife.
- Apply GIS technology to identify wildlife habitat at risk.
- Generate a GIS habitat map to encourage land use management decisions that benefit wildlife.
- And much more!