"The Combative Perspective: The Thinking Man's Guide to Self-Defense" Book by Gabriel Suarez
Date of Publication:Sep. 2003
Number of Pages:112
From the publisher:
In The Tactical Advantage, Gabe Suarez wrote that even the world?s best gunfighter will get killed if he exercises poor tactics. Likewise, a dramatic demise is the prize for the man who does not know what he?s doing, does not have a well thought-out plan or simply has the wrong mind-set when faced with the need to fight for his life. In The Combative Perspective, Suarez keys in on developing your knowledge about and properly organizing your mental attitude toward combat to improve your odds of winning ? not just surviving ? such a fight. The principles are as applicable to the bladesman as they are to the rifleman, to the unarmed fighter as they are to the sniper. Suarez? combative perspective has four basic components that he identifies as essential to winning any battle: desire for victory, elimination of uncertainty, development of situational awareness and willingness to act. In this book he examines each in a logical and scientific manner, demonstrating why, when it comes to defending your life, the mental edge is at least as critical to victory as the tactical advantage. The perfect companion to Jeff Cooper?s classic Principles of Personal Defense, this is an indispensable guide to achieving that edge. 5 1/2 x 81/2, softcover,
Gabe Suarez is an internationally recognized trainer and consultant in the defense and security field. He served as a police officer in Southern California for many years. Specializing in high-risk assignments, he has worked SWAT, gangs, narcotics, surveillance and single-man watch patrol.
Shipping Weight: 0.400 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
XProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
XProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
XProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
XAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
- "Principles of Personal Defense, Revised Edition" Book by Jeff... $11.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- "SAS Urban Survival Handbook" Book by John "Lofty" Wiseman... $15.29 Available
- Panteao "Make Ready with Paul Howe: Combat Mindset" DVD... $34.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- "Combat Focus Shooting: The Science of Intuitive Shooting... $21.49 Available
- "Street Stoppers: The Latest Handgun Stopping Power Street... $37.49 Available
- "Thank God I Had a Gun; True Accounts of Self-Defense" Book by... $18.29 Available
- Panteao "Make Ready with Louis Awerbuck: Analysis of the... $34.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- "Armed: The Essential Guide to Concealed Carry" Book by Bruce... $16.99 Special Order
- "Self-Defense Laws of All 50 States" by Mitch Vilos & Evan... $25.99 Special Order
- "T.A.P.S. : Tactical Application of Practical Shooting, Second... $13.99 Special Order