"More Tactical Reality: Why There's No Such Thing as an "Advanced" Gunfight" Book by Louis Awerbuck
Publisher: Paladin Press
Date of Publication: July 2004
Number of Pages: 144
From the publisher:
When it comes to firearms training, nobody beats tactical consultant Louis Awerbuck, author of the highly acclaimed ?Training and Tactics? column in S.W.A.T. Magazine. In this follow-up to his hugely successful 1999 compilation Tactical Reality, Awerbuck gives readers more food for thought on how to stay alive in today?s increasingly dangerous world.
More Tactical Reality is a book about how to get the job done when the ?job? involves firearms. It includes a decade?s worth of thought-provoking columns dealing with both the mental and physical aspects of self-preservation. Its goal is to make you think about your training, your tactics, your equipment and your shooting philosophy so that when the bullets start flying for real, you can perform. With characteristic wit and wisdom, Awerbuck discusses more than 40 timely topics, including why there is no such thing as an ?advanced? gunfight, what makes a shooter ?battle smart,? the mechanics of shooting one-handed, when to shoot center of mass and when to go for the head shot, the fine art of balancing speed and accuracy, how to use shot placement to diagnose and fix shooting problems, whether the carbine is the right weapon for you, overpenetration, manhunting tactics and pitfalls, and much more.
In firearms training, practice does not necessarily make perfect. In fact, if your training is not realistic, it can do you more harm than good in a real gunfight. Make your training more realistic with Louis Awerbuck. 8 1/2 x 11, softcover, 144 pp.
Louis Awerbuck is the owner/director of the Yavapai Firearms Academy, a small-arms training operation based in Prescott, Arizona. He is featured in the Paladin videos The Combat Shotgun, Only Hits Count and Safe at Home, and is the author of Tactical Reality. For training information, contact him directly through his Web site: www.yfainc.com.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 0.950 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.