Ontario Spec Plus Gen II SP49 Fixed Blade Knife 8.5" Drop Point 5160 Black Carbon Steel Blade Kraton Handle Black
- KA-BAR Snody Snaker Charmer Fixed Blade Knife 2-5/16" Drop... $79.99 Available
- Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Fixed Blade Knife 4.8" Drop... $81.99 Available
- Cold Steel Trail Master Fixed Blade Knife 9-1/2" Drop Point... $160.99 - $304.99 Select Options
- Ontario Spec Plus Gen II SP50 Fixed Blade Knife 9.5" Drop... $92.99 Available
- KA-BAR BK15 Becker Short Trailing Point Fixed Blade Knife 5.5"... $79.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Ontario Spec Plus Gen II SP52 Fixed Blade Knife 10" Drop Point... $97.99 Available
- TOPS Knives Blue Otter Fixed Blade Knife 2.875" Drop Point... $79.20 Available
- MidwayUSA Silicone Impregnated Knife Case Silcone-Treated... $9.99 - $14.99 Select Options
- DMT Sharpeners Double Sided Diafold Diamond Whetstone... $31.49 Available
- Smith's Diamond Precision Knife Sharpener System... $34.99 Available
- DMT Sharpeners 2.5" Dia-Sharp Mini-Hone Kit Coarse, Fine, and... $17.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- DMT Sharpeners 4" Diamond Whetstone Deluxe Kit... $54.99 Available
The Ontario Spec Plus knife blanks are water jet cut to avoid having a heat effected zone which can cause issues in the manufacturing process. Blanks also go through a vacuum stress relief operation to eliminate any residual stress and are then surface ground on all sides prior to heat treatment to eliminate any possible cracks in the surface of the blank. Spec Plus blanks are also laser imprinted instead of stamped to avoid any weakening of the blade that can cause breakage under hard use.
The Spec Plus Gen II line feature four designs with two knives per profile. These blades have identical outlines but are available with either a saber grind or full flat grind. This difference allows the Spec Plus Gen II line of knives to appeal to most all serious users. The full flat grind blades are lighter, and will slice better while the saber ground blades are noticeably heavier and better suited to chopping. All knives feature a wide, drop point blade with plenty of belly and are perfect for survival, camping, hunting, or any cutting task you can imagine.
If you are just getting into camping, are an experienced boondocker, or about to deploy in defense of this great nation; the Ontario Spec Plus Gen II line of knives have a blade that you can depend on 100%.
NOTE: The SP46, SP48, SP50, and SP52 are flat ground while the SP47, SP49, SP51, and SP53 are saber ground.
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Fixed
- Blade Steel: 5160 High Carbon
- Handle Material: Kraton
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Serrated: No
- Carry Options: Belt Sheath
- Blade Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Rockwell Hardness: 53-55 HRC
- Blade length: 8.5"
- Blade Thickness: 0.2"
- Overall Length: 11"
- Weight: 15.3 oz
- Proudly Made in the USA