Ontario Spec Plus Gen II SP49 Fixed Blade Knife 8.5" Drop Point 5160 Black Carbon Steel Blade Kraton Handle Black
- MidwayUSA Silicone Impregnated Gun Cleaning Cloth... $2.99 Available
- DMT Sharpeners Double Sided Diafold Diamond Whetstone... $31.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Smith's Diamond Precision Knife Sharpener System... $34.99 Available
- DMT Sharpeners 4" Diamond Whetstone Deluxe Kit... $54.99 Available
- DMT Sharpeners 2.5" Dia-Sharp Mini-Hone Kit Coarse, Fine, and... $17.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Cold Steel Trail Master Fixed Blade Knife 9-1/2" Drop Point... $156.99 - $297.99 Select Options
- Ontario Spec Plus Gen II SP50 Fixed Blade Knife 9.5" Drop... $89.99 Available
- Pro Tool Praesidio Commander Machete 14.5" 1075 Carbon Steel... $172.99 Available
- Ontario Spec Plus Gen II SP52 Fixed Blade Knife 10" Drop Point... $94.99 Available
- Magpul Action Proving Dummy Round, Snap Cap 5.56x45mm NATO... $4.70 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Ruger Disassembly Pin Ruger Redhawk... $1.27 Available
- Ruger Barrel Band Screw Ruger 10/22, 10/22 Magnum, 96/44,... $1.99 Available
- Montana X-Treme USA Shooting Team Rimfire Blend Bore Cleaning... $8.49 Available
- Montana X-Treme Patch Grabber Rifle Cleaning Jag 44, 45... $6.49 Available
- TMA AR-15 Dry-Fire Device Delrin Black... $16.99 Available
- HK Magazine Floorplate HK Extended P2000, USP 40 S&W, 357 Sig... $5.99 Available
- Nordic Components Shotgun Magazine Extension Tube Barrel Clamp... $30.35 Available
- Militec-1 Synthetic Rust Preventative and Metal Conditioner 1... $6.99 Available
- Warne 1" Maxima Permanent-Attachable Weaver-Style Rings Matte... $34.99 Available
- Tipton Snap Cap 308 Winchester Polymer Package of 2... $11.99 Available
- Montana X-Treme Pistol Cleaning Jag 40, 41 Caliber 8 x 32... $5.79 Available
The Ontario Spec Plus knife blanks are water jet cut to avoid having a heat effected zone which can cause issues in the manufacturing process. Blanks also go through a vacuum stress relief operation to eliminate any residual stress and are then surface ground on all sides prior to heat treatment to eliminate any possible cracks in the surface of the blank. Spec Plus blanks are also laser imprinted instead of stamped to avoid any weakening of the blade that can cause breakage under hard use.
The Spec Plus Gen II line feature four designs with two knives per profile. These blades have identical outlines but are available with either a saber grind or full flat grind. This difference allows the Spec Plus Gen II line of knives to appeal to most all serious users. The full flat grind blades are lighter, and will slice better while the saber ground blades are noticeably heavier and better suited to chopping. All knives feature a wide, drop point blade with plenty of belly and are perfect for survival, camping, hunting, or any cutting task you can imagine.
If you are just getting into camping, are an experienced boondocker, or about to deploy in defense of this great nation; the Ontario Spec Plus Gen II line of knives have a blade that you can depend on 100%.
NOTE: The SP46, SP48, SP50, and SP52 are flat ground while the SP47, SP49, SP51, and SP53 are saber ground.
- Folding or Fixed Blade: Fixed
- Blade Steel: 5160 High Carbon
- Handle Material: Kraton
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Serrated: No
- Carry Options: Belt Sheath
- Blade Finish: Black Powder Coat
- Rockwell Hardness: 53-55 HRC
- Blade length: 8.5"
- Blade Thickness: 0.2"
- Overall Length: 11"
- Weight: 15.3 oz
- Proudly Made in the USA
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.