"The Model 1911 and Model 1911A1 Military and Commercial Pistols" Book by Joe Poyer
Parts are described in chapters organized by assembly-receiver, slide and magazine. Each part of each assembly-trigger system, magazine release, sights, etc are then described complete with markings and other identifying characteristics. Parts are differentiated by model and manufacturer, i.e. Colt, Springfield Armory, Remington Arms-UMC, Singer, Ithaca , Remington Rand and Union Switch & Signal. All Colt model and variation parts are also described where they differ from the .45 ACP part.
All military and commercial markings are listed by date or serial number range of use. Serial numbers are listed in twenty-six individual tables both by military and the individual commercial models, and by other manufacturers. An appendix contains a serial number listing organized both by manufacturing and shipping date. Serial numbers for British military, Canadian, Argentine, Norwegian, and Russian military pistols are also given.
Individual chapters and appendices provide detailed examinations of markings on receivers, slides and barrels, including military inspection and commercial markings, and photographs of all slide markings. Finishes are discussed for both military and commercial pistols by serial number ranges. Accoutrements and accessories are thoroughly explored and photographed including all belts, magazine pockets, and holsters.
A complete listing of all U.S. military Model 1912, 1916, M3, M7, and M15 holster manufacturers is included. U.S. military-issue ammunition in .45 ACP is described in detail. A photo-illustrated assembly/disassembly procedure shows the most efficient way to service the pistol.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 1.750 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
Tipton 1911 Gun Cleaning and Maintenance Mat 11" x 17" Gray
Wheeler Engineering Bench Block
$21.99List Price: $26.99 Save $5.00 (19%)
- "Colt 1911 Do Everything Manual: Assembly, Diassembly,...
- Gun Guides Takedown Guide "Model 1911 Series Pistols" Book
American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Technical Manual &...
$34.99 & SHIPS FREE
Mako Recoil Reducing Stock with Adjustable Cheek Rest...