The new Modular eXtension Tube, or MXT, line incorporates several improvements to help eliminate some of the problems commonly encountered when using an extended shotgun magazine tube. Prominent among these improvements is a barrel clamp relief groove cut into the extension tube's body. This groove stops the clamp from slipping and shifting under recoil, which can both damage a barrel's finish and change the gun's point of impact from shot-to-shot. The MXT line also features a reinforced tube end cap that better resists the damage that can be caused by heavy recoil or impacts. MXT extension tubes come equipped with identical threads on both ends of the tube body, allowing them to be flipped around to change the location of the barrel clamp groove if needed to accommodate different barrel lengths. This complete assembly includes a MXT magazine extension tube, magazine tube nut, reinforced end cap and magazine tube spring.
- Compatible with Remington 870, 1100, 11-87, and 105 CTi shotguns in 12 Gauge only.
- Later model Remington 870, 1100 and 11-87 shotguns utilize a plastic follower spring retainer and magazine cap retainer that are held in place by two tabs or indents in the magazine tube. These indents need to be removed to allow cartridges to pass through and into the extended Nordic magazine tube.
- Manufacturer highly recommends the use of a barrel clamp (Product # 667570 or 185334) for stabilization on any extension tube with a capacity over 5 Rounds. The use of a Nordic Components Low Drag Teflon Magazine Follower is also recommended (Product # 660691).
- To determine the maximum length of the extension tube you'll want to use on your shotgun, measure the distance from the front of the barrel lug or forearm to the end of the barrel.
- All extension tube assemblies come with an oversize magazine tube spring that must be trimmed to the appropriate length for the selected tube size. With the tube installed on the gun and end cap removed, insert the magazine tube follower and spring. For proper spring tension and cycling, trim the spring's length so that NO LESS THAN 12" of it is exposed from the end of the extension tube with the end cap removed.
- Due to the new threads used on MXT extension tube bodies, only the included reinforced end cap can be used. The older Nordic Components XX, XL, and XXL end caps are NOT compatible with the MXT line.
- +1 MXT Magazine Tube Extensions do not feature the clamp groove.
|Approx. Length Added||+1||+2||+3||+4||+5||+6||+7||+8||+9|